Imago Dei : All People in the Image of God
Creating awareness and raising money to care for Fayetteville’s homeless through creative expression
Imago Dei is latin for Imago of God. We believe that all people are created in God’s image, so they have value, worth, gifts and beauty. Someone’s age, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, beliefs, or anything else doesn’t determine their value or worth. Simply the fact they are a human being means they deserve respect and care. It can be easy to look down on or past someone who is homeless, but these are people with thoughts, opinions, and lives.
This Art Exhibition is intended to bring a voice to men living within The Lodge, which is a transitional housing facility run through Fayetteville Area Operation Inasmuch (FAOIAM). These men have been participating in art workshops for mixed-media art and photography. We also have other contributing artists who wanted to support this cause.
- Imago Dei Art Exhibition has been created in partnership between FAOIAM, Veritas Church, and Fiat Lux User Experience Design Consultants.
- Fayetteville Area Operation InAsMuch (FAOIAM) exists to be the hands and feet of Jesus among the broken, hurting, and homeless by offering relief, recovery, and restoration.
- Veritas Church exists to be a church for the city, for the military and for the fame of Jesus who love God, love people, and advance the gospel.
- At EMPACT One Foundation our mission is to create programs, services, and community resources that economically and academically transform lives, schools, and communities. We seek to achieve these outcomes through partnerships and collaborations with community organizations that strive to do the same. In addition, our mission is to empower individuals through economic education and community engagement to empower themselves, their families, and their community.
Through Imago Dei Art, we hope…
- Men staying in the Lodge will find a creative and therapeutic outlet, new confidence and skills, and a means of supplemental income.
- Operation Inasmuch will grow in their means and ability to offer the Living Hope program at the Lodge to men seeking to a path our of homelessness.
- Creatives will have a way to express their own unique perspective and style knowing that we all share the commonality of being created in God’s image.
- People who engage with Imago Dei Art will gain and share a deeper understanding of the value, worth, and dignity of all people, particularly those experiencing homelessness.
Any profits made from the purchase of art or merchandise will be split 50/50; half going to the artist and half going to fund The Lodge through FAOIAM.
Our desire is that this can become supplemental income for these men during and after their participation in The Living Hope Program within The Lodge. 100% of donations made will go to fund The Lodge.